Thursday, April 13, 2006

Key Ring News

The Hole Key (and the Bone Crafted Key) will go onto your keyring (hopefully) for the next update.

Here is a statement [edited] from Rainbird, EQ developer, about adding all keys to the key ring, that he posted on April 4, 2006 on the Sony forums:

"I would love for this to happen (and I'm not saying it won't). You understand it's not as easy as just changing a flag in the item database.

So until code gives me a magic code fix, the easiest thing to do is have you folks mention the keys that you would like to have added, and we can slowly tackle those one at a time. Not ideal, but really the only way it could happen at this point. Perhaps if someone wants to start another thread listing the name of the key, the key's item #, the door it goes to, the door's loc (helps us find the right switch), and we can try to work on that list. What'dda say?

Oh, and just so you know, I'm not the one who can give the approval on adding keys to the keyring. I am but a mere cog in the wheel so if there is a reason why a certain key should not be added, we'll let you know (but I can't think of a reason why not off the top of my head)."

Full thread can be read here.

No comments: