Here are the highlights:
The best way to reduce crashing due to memory issues is to change the Memory Mode to "Least memory usage". We're still a 32-bit game so EverQuest can only use 2 gigs even if you have 36.
To change this:
If you can no longer enter the game to change this, change find GraphicsMemoryMode and make it look like "GraphicsMemoryMode=0" in your eqclient.ini file.
- Open the options to the Display Tab.
- Click the "Advanced" button.
- In the "Advanced Options" window, change click on the combo box below "Memory Mode*" near the bottom left hand corner.
- Select "Least memory usage:.
- Type "/camp desktop" in your chat window.
There was a bug related to players with large guild sizes and that was fixed in the patch this morning [Friday, November 18, 2011]. If you are still crashing with the same frequency (after changing your memory mode) then please send your dmp files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you give me a rundown of your full system spec please? I'll forward it over to the coders who can look at it.
Also include any other details that are out of the ordinary about your system.
- Video card
- Operating System
So, to sum up, if you are crashing a lot:
- Set your Memory Mode to "Least memory usage".
- Send SOE as much information as you can on the crashes. The more email they get on the issue, the more likely they are to fix it; and the more information they have, the more chance they can track it down.