Thursday, April 13, 2006

Increase in Riftseeker's Sanctum spawn times accidental, not intentional nerf

Rainbird, EQ developer on April 12, 2006:

"Ok, I'm back with some info on this.

I had QA check into it and this is what they reported to me.

They told me they were getting reports of double-length spawn times. They also told me they were getting reports of HALF-length spawn times!

They checked on Test, Zek, & Stromm and found Test & Zek to have the proper respawn times (20 minutes) but Stromm was at 36 minutes.

They checked the version of the data on both Zek & Stromm only to find out that they are running the same version of Data - this particular fact has us scratching our heads

So I went to code and they spent some time looking into it and couldn't figure out just what the heck would explain the difference. We are patching today/tonight [He later corrects himself. Patch will be on April 19 - ed.] I believe so I will have QA look into it after the patch - hopefully that fixes what ever is the problem.

That's all I have for now."

Update from Rainbird on April 17, 2006:
"We're one step closer to solving this issue. Code has identified what is causing the lag in Riftseekers but not the root problem. So they have a version running on their own box to see what causes that zone to enter into a bad state."

No comments: